Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 April 2012

27 Weeks Pregnancy Update

27 weeks already oh my this pregnancy is going really fast. I dont feel overly big yet but to be honest have not been out much really. We are having work done on the house so have had to stay in with work men. My appetite is weird still I am really hungry then can only eat a really small amount, then I am hungry again. I seem to have a thing for chippy chips too and am indulging when I want to. I know I will regret this when my big diet starts after baby is born
A good friend of mine had her baby on Good Friday a lovely home birth, much to the shock of my friend when he was born he has Downs Syndrome. He is still in hospital having lots of tests on his heart at the moment. I have spent lots of time thinking of him and his Mum. It does really bring home that things can unfortunately sometimes in pregnancy go wrong. I never had the tests for Downs and am beginning to wonder if I should have done? I was so shocked about my friend I just think if It was me I would rather be prepared. ? I never had the tests because of a mess up at the hospital and by the time they realised they had not done the tests then it was too late.
I have not bought anything else for baby yet but have started thinking about packing my labour bag. I think I am going to start when the building work has finished.
I am going to put in from previous Experience >

Labour Bag List

For Me

A full pack of Sanitary towels ( might actually get tena lady as they are really absorbent I have heard)
some throw away maternity knickers 5 pairs
2 nighties for labour
a nursing bra
3 pairs of normal knickers
2 pairs of socks
a flannel for mopping brow in labour
3 bobbles
a brush
a nice pair of pjs
a dressing gown
slippers
£20 just incase we have no cash when we get there
shower gel
shampoo and conditioner
deodorant
sponge
toothbrush and toothpaste
2 dark coloured towels
some plastic bags for putting dirty clothes in
some cordial juice
a camera
breast pads only a couple as there usually isnt leaking at first
Lansinoh > this is ideal for breastfeeding put it on before and after feeding a must for hospital bag
I will just go home in either something my partner brings in or what I arrived in if they are ok

For Baby

3 sleepsuits
3 vests
a hat
a coat for going home
a blanket a nice one for the background picture
some scratch mits 2 pairs
a pair of socks just in case ( babies in special care just wear vests and socks)
half a pack of newborn nappies
a pack of newborn wipes
3 bibs

I think thats about it although I am sure I will stuff all kinds in lol x

My next appointment is the 26th of April , blood tests and GTT test which is to test for diabetes.

This is what baby looks like now inside >

No comments:

Post a Comment